Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Update: 11th May 2021
PPS are proud to announce we have signed up to work with the UK Government by offering Covid-19 testing to our staff.
At PPS workplace safety is our number one priority, we are offering regular Covid-19 testing to all our staff, the lateral flow tests help to give peace of mind to our team and customers across the North of England.
PPS are grateful to all our employees for their support in delivering this testing programme, our contribution will take us one step closer to fighting this virus and getting us back to the things we love.
Update: 4th November 2020
Pennine Pneumatic Services Ltd are fully open and operational
As we enter England’s second lockdown Pennine Pneumatics Services Ltd (incorporating Simm Engineering Group and Integraflex Yorkshire) continue to work at full capacity in line with current safe working guidelines.
Your experience of our service and support will not change.
Our support for you:
- Sales counters open in Brighouse and Sheffield
Onsite there are screens and hand sanitiser stations, if possible, please call ahead to place your order to reduce your time on site. You can call our Brighouse trade counter directly on 01422 395 390 or email email@example.com. We also offer a delivery option on all orders.
- Hire fleet ready
We have a large air compressor hire fleet prepped and ready to support you at a moments notice.
- Pneumatic parts available when you need them
We hold a large stock of air compressor parts, accessories, air tools, cylinders, pipework, pneumatics, valves and more.
- Genuine 24/7, 365 days a year emergency support
Our promise to support you all year round is unaffected – if you have an emergency we will be there.
- Remote working – connected support
Our team are working remotely where possible with systems in place to keep us connected and working together on your projects. For example, Smartlink enables us and you to remotely monitor your compressed air production and assess performance to avoid downtime.
- Safe working practices already implemented
We continue to work in line with all government guidance for safe working practices – we are fully committed to ensuring everyone stays safe and well.
- British Compressed Air Society (BCAS)
You can read the current statement on COVID-19 and The Compressed Air System here.
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
The CIBSE COVID-19 Ventilation Guide was updated in October to include guidance as we enter ‘heating season’ in the UK. You can read the full guide here.
Update: 18th June 2020
10 key actions for HVAC systems as staff return to work following lockdown
Our in-house HVAC expert, Matt Banks, has put together the below recommendations from guidance published by CIBSE (The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers).
These actions aim to help you reduce transmission risks of covid-19 in your built environment.
- You are likely to be more susceptible to the virus in badly ventilated areas.
- Try to have areas ventilated with fresh air where possible.
- Try to dilute internal air where possible.
- Air con that usually runs on recirculation, set this to run on full and using outside air where possible.
- Mechanical heat recovery units to be set to 400PPM and systems left to run for longer than usual, possibly all the time at a lower air change rate when no persons are about.
- Try to not circulate air from one room to another.
- Try to keep air moving in poor stagnant air rooms. Recirculation fans are good.
- Educate people in the area on why equipment needs to stay on, even if uncomfortable.
- Keep filters and grilles that can get blocked clear.
- Improve filtration on HVAC equipment. Ideally HEPA filters.
To discuss your site and any queries you may have regarding your HVAC system please get in touch via email or call our office on 01422 321772.
Staff are available for socially distanced site visits or via video call, we can work round your needs while making safety for all a priority.
Update: 31st March 2020
The British Compressed Air Society has put together the below statement to address important information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the use of compressed air.
Update: 24th March 2020
Critical work continues
Following our announcement last week, we continue to work hard to support the UK’s critical industries and our customers in health care, food manufacturing, energy production, water treatment, communications and those who manufacture for those critical industries.
Further steps we have taken:
- All personnel who can work at home have been set up with the equipment to do so
- The remaining team on site are working in shift patterns to keep contact to an absolute minimum while ensuring necessary spares are ready for engineers supporting our critical customers
- Our hire fleet has been prepared for action as our customers in critical industries ramp up production
- Onsite in Brighouse we hold £1m of stock covering pneumatic parts (fittings, cylinders, valves, regulators, filters and tube) and compressed air pipe and fittings (Transair and Airnet). Alongside this we offer a wide range of industrial hose assemblies. The sales counter remains open for these parts but we advise either a non-contact collection or a delivery option. Please call our sales counter direct on 01422 395 390 to discuss your critical needs.
We are focused solely on keeping critical industries trading and producing. Our team are working phenomenally hard in these new conditions.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding. Give us a call if you need our help.
Update: 17th March 2020
COVID-19 response: A message from our Managing Director
As we closely monitor and move with government advice, this week we have implemented changes that will restrict contact but mean we can still get work done for customers that need it. Technology makes this possible, here is what we can do for you:
- Non-contact servicing and repairs. Our engineers can call ahead to attend site. With your approval they can then gain access to your plant room and leave any documentation with the equipment. They can send videos and photos of the work carried out.
- Site visits via video call. If you need to show something to one of our sales engineers or our technical team you can via video call. Send us an email to set one up and a member of the team will be in contact.
- We are still on the phone 24/7, 365 days a year. Our team are working remotely, but we are all connected and here to help.
Other measures we have put in place:
- Our engineers have designated slots to attend the warehouse on their own and collect parts to keep them going for a few days at a time.
- The trade counters remain open at present. You can call our pneumatics trade counter in Brighouse directly on 01422 395 390 to discuss what you may need and limit your face to face contact, we can have the parts packed and ready for you to collect.
- Stock levels. We are increasing our stock levels of key parts and working with other distributors in our region to share stock and ensure customers across the UK do not go without, especially those whose business is strategically important and critical to the UK.
- Hygiene practice is drilled to all staff and we have provided all items to maintain high levels of personal hygiene.
- Our business is split between two sites, Brighouse and Sheffield. Staff will now only attend their base site if necessary, the teams have been segregated.
- Staff who return from holidays abroad have been told to self-isolate for a period of time before attending the office or if possible, to work remotely for the foreseeable future.
We are ready to adapt and change as we need to over the coming weeks and months.
Thank you for your understanding in unprecedented times. Please do pick up the phone and discuss your needs with us.