What are the benefits of using PTFE as a hose material?
- Excellent chemical resistance – virtually inert and unaffected by most chemicals.
- Wide operating temperature -70˚C to +260˚C.
- Non – flammable: UL94V-O rated.
- Non – toxic FDA approved resin – suitable for food, drink & pharmaceutical applications
- Low coefficient of friction makes PTFE virtually ‘self cleaning’ and ensures low pressure drop
- Excellent resistance to U.V and Ozone.
- Excellent resistance to flexing.
- Low permeability.
Accessories available with PTFE Hose
- RUBBER COVER – Can be supplied with a range of rubber covers such as EPDM, NEOPRENE or NATURAL to offer external protection or to aid identification on site.
- SILICONE HYGIENIC COVER – Smooth FDA approved silicone rubber is ideal for food/pharmaceutical environments where a wipe-clean surface is required.
- SCUFFSTRIP – We can supply rubber, thermoplastic or metal helical protection to the outside of the hose assembly which offers improved resistance to mechanical damage when hoses are frequently moved (dragged) across the floor.
- BOUNCE RINGS – Can be fitted along the length of the hose but offer particular protection to expensive couplings.
Choose your end fittings:
- CAM COUPLINGS – including PTFE lined and locking versions.
- FLANGES – ASA150/300 – ASA 600 BST table D, E, F & J, PN16 fixed, swivel and PTFE lined (tafted).
- BSPP/BSPT/NPT Flat faced or cone seat. Straight and 90º bends.
- Tri-Clamp 316L Hygienic.
- DIN 11851 316L Hygienic.
- SMS 316L Hygienic.
- RJT BS4825 316L Hygienic.
- DIP PIPES.
Contact a member of the team to order your hose or discuss your assembly options