Simm, our story
Established in 1941 as GE Simm (Surplus in Modern Machinery) Ltd, Simm Engineering Group began as a company supplying second-hand machinery and valves, conveyor belting, hydraulic mining equipment and air compressors.
Growth and acquisitions
Based in Sheffield since its inception and at its current Jessell Street premises since 1963, the company has made several acquisitions over the years.
Most notable for the compressor division was the purchase of Compressor Maintenance Ltd in 1979, which significantly expanded the order book with large contracts with customers such as Tetley Brewery.
In March 2015, the compressor division was acquired by Pennine Pneumatic Services (PPS), heralding a new era of expansion.
Today the company focuses on providing energy-saving turnkey solutions to customers across South Yorkshire and beyond.
Its dedicated team of highly experienced engineers provide expert advice, speedy trouble-shooting and ongoing preventative maintenance to keep production running at optimum levels. There’s also an onsite Sales Counter open to the public, with a wide range of spares and parts in stock or available to order.
Anniversary – and the future
In 2016, Simm celebrated its 75th anniversary – a major landmark in the company’s history.
As the company moves forward, it will continue to see significant inward investment from R&G Acquisition, through its parent company PPS.